The focus of this year’s masterclass is on practically using sports science within coaching settings (but will interest various groups) and uses case studies and practitioners using various practical methods. We will also bring in a number of International athletes and GAA stars to help give an athletes perspective.
The topics include:
– Talent Development
– Winning the mental game
– Functional conditioning
– Fitness using small sided games
– Practical performance analysis (using apps etc)
– Getting athletes to eat and drink right (rather than what to eat/drink)
– Gerry Hussey (Psych with Irish Boxing, swimming and formerly Munster Rugby)
– Eoin Rheinsch (3x Olympian, coach in canoe slalom)
– Darren O’Neill (Irish Boxing Team Capt)
– Stephen Barry (Irish Hockey S and C)
– Sharon Madigan (DCU Nutrition lecturer, Irish Boxing, OCI, and Irish Institute of sport
– Daragh Sheridan (Institute of Sport and former professional footballer)
– Aine McNamara (Sports Psych various sports in UK and GAA)
along with several others and including our own Niall Moyna (Sigerson Cup winning coach and formerly of Dublin and Down county teams.
Please note the Masterclasses are non profit making designed with coach and student development in mind.
Posted 17th February 2015 by